Friday 16 December 2011

Christmas contest winners!



I promised a list of winners today, so here, without further ado, as they say, they are:

Tora Williams
Sleepysian
Louise Reynolds

Do email me your addresses at jessica@jessicahart.co.uk and I will put a copy of WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS in the post to you as soon as I can.

I’ve just had editorial comments on the time slip I spent the summer writing, and they are minimal, so that’s made my Christmas, if not my entire year!  I’ve been in limbo for the last couple of weeks while I waited to hear back, but it’s been quite nice to drift and I’ve kept myself amused buying Christmas presents, transcribing sixteenth-century court records (don’t ask!) and building myself a Christmas tree. 

I’d love to be able to say this was my idea, but I pinched it off Facebook, where someone posted a photo of a beautiful life-size tree made entirely of books.  I have to say it was much better than mine, but mine was built from spare copies of my books in various obscure languages and I had a lovely time doing it.  Five minutes after I draped round the lights and switched them on, a passer-by dropped a home-made cardboard decoration through my door.  It read: That’s tree-mendous.

Talking of Facebook, I’m going to be deleting my profile on Sunday.  I know this will mean losing all my friends at one fell swoop, but I now have an author page, and since I’ll be setting up one for the time slip next year, I’ve decided to rationalise.  So if you’d like to keep in touch on Facebook, you can find me at:
I hope you’ll come and ‘see’ me there!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jessica. Can't wait to read "We'll Always Have Paris". And congratulations on the time-slip. Sounds like you'll have a relaxing Christmas now.
    Off to friend you on your author page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners!

    I just adore your book tree, Jessica! It's just so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete